Sunday, May 19, 2013

Mentorship 1

Literal
  • Mentorship log
  • Amanda Riddle @ LA Youth ariddle@layouth.com
  • Amy Crow @ San Dimas library (909) 599-6738)

    
Interpretive
  • The aspect of mentorship for my project failed. I failed to maintain a stable mentorship where I learned how to utilize social media networking to better the community. Although this is the reality of my mentorship component, I did gain a lot from the experience of finding a mentor. I think that the biggest lesson for me was that I had to learn how to network out to people outside of email, but way too late. I believe that emailing was the biggest mistake I made while looking for a mentor, because it did not allow people to take me seriously when I asked to job shadow due to the specialty of my topic. I feel that if I were to had networked and met people, I would had never gotten myself in this predicament and been somewhere great as far as mentorship goes. 

    I hope to take what I learned from the failure of my mentorship and apply it to my life after senior project, since it is so essential to stand out from emails nowadays. I am happy that I learned this before I entered the work force, however it is a bummer it costed me my senior project. But, I am staying positive and know that the research I did to compensate for my mentorship will be seamlessly applied to my 2 hour and I will do good :) 
  
Applied

  • Surprisingly, my mentorship experience really reestablished the relevance and truth about my EQ. Because I relied on email, I failed to meet the expectations I set for myself in finding a mentor. Although I did not job shadow under a social networker, or can find any meaningful relevance of LA Youth to my EQ (not to say that there was not any), I realized that I myself have been affected my social media networking and fit my answers. I see an example in myself of how it has changed our lifestyles, based on the fact that I was too scared to network out from my comfort zone, as well as belonging to the group of people that see it normal to base communication off of email. 

*This is part 1 of my mentorship blog; I plan to update this when I complete all 50 hours like everyone else. 

No comments:

Post a Comment